Wednesday, November 20, 2013

12. Camping!

Although it's not exactly roughing it, I was definitely out of my comfort level! I spent the entire night sleeping in my backyard using only a sleeping bag. Compared to sleeping in my own bed, it was pretty terrible. I got bit by several insects and was constantly waking up because it was so cold. When I had woken up in the morning I was very itchy and the grass did not make it any better.

I went to my backyard at approximately 9:00 p.m. and was hoping to just fall asleep, wake up, and then be done with this whole camping experience, nothing went as planned. As I arrived outside and lay for about 30 minutes, I couldn't stop thinking about doing anything else, but going into my house and using the computer or even just browsing things on my phone. Finally after about an hour I was able to fall asleep, but not for long, I soon woke up to a mosquito sucking on my neck and just taking the life out of me! I quickly murdered that bug and then attempted to go back to sleep. Not soon after I awoke again, but this time due to the sheer amount of winter breeze making me ever so cold. I told myself I just needed to tough it out for this night and then never have to do it again so I went back to sleep and soon enough I awakened to the early morning sunshine. It was a very nice experience to wake up to such a wondrous sight, but not at all worth it!

All in all, the experience wasn't so bad, but due to my constant use of technology I don't think this is something I could do very often or possibly ever again unless joined with the right company of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment