Wednesday, November 20, 2013

6. My Family Story

My family is something different from most coming from very diverse backgrounds, but aside from that there is nothing exciting about my family. My Father came to America from Palestine in 1976 and my Mother came from Denmark in 1977. My Dad came to stay and make a life where my Mom originally came as a foreign exchange student. My parents eventually married and stayed to live a life here in Texas.

Both of my parents didn't witness anything back in there home countries from the time they lived there as well as had no family legends. We have no connection to anyone famous nor do we have any special connection towards an historic person or event.

You would think my parents having come from such interesting places that there would be even the slightest thing that would make my family stand out, but alas, we are just a simple family with no stories to tell.On one interesting note, my Mother became a U.S. citizen last year after having lived in this country for over 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment